Bus Services South Wales
Here at Phil Anslow & Sons Coaches, we run bus services in South Wales. With our knowledgeable and professional drivers, you can rely on us to provide an efficient and timely service. Moreover, our affordable prices and well-maintained vehicles combined with our highly qualified team make for an unrivalled solution.
Get in touch with a friendly member of our staff today on 01495 775599 for more information.
Coronavirus Updates and FAQs
Click to expand.
Our Customer Services team are on hand to assist you regarding your travel. You can call us on 01495 775599, lines are open from 08.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday. We are online via social and web chat from 08.00 – 18.00 Monday to Friday and available via social from 10.00 – 16.00 at weekends.
From Monday 27th July 2020, all passengers on buses in Wales must wear a face covering when onboard our vehicles, face coverings must also be worn when inside transport hubs in Wales which includes bus stations, interchanges or travel shops.
- Please remember to bring a face covering for your journey as without one you will be unable to travel
- A face covering can be very simple, like a scarf or bandana that ties behind the head to give a snug fit. It just needs to cover your mouth and nose
- Please put your face covering on before boarding the bus or entering a transport hub and wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before putting it on
- Please wear your face covering throughout the duration of your journey, including when disembarking the bus
- If you need a drink or to take medication while travelling or when inside a transport hub please do so quickly and be mindful of others
- To keep everyone safe please store a used face covering in a plastic bag and take it home
The Welsh government has issued guidance that can be found here.
All of our drivers in Wales have been advised to inform our customers who are not wearing a face covering on boarding the bus, that they are required to do so by law, throughout their entire journey, unless they are exempt. If a customer is not exempt and refuses to wear a face covering, then our drivers have been instructed to explain to the customer that they are breaking the law and that the police have powers to impose a fine of up to £100. Our drivers report all failures to comply with Government policy to their Depot Management team to allow us to closely monitor the situation and advise the authorities.
We have also adopted the policy of all customers being required to wear a face mask onboard in Wales, unless they are exempt.
Following an Equalities Impact Assessment, exemptions will apply to those with:
- Breathing difficulties and other respiratory conditions
- Conditions effecting their dexterity, meaning they are not able to put on a face covering
- Mental health conditions such as anxiety or panic disorders
- Other non-visible disabilities such as autism
- Cognitive impairments, including dementia, who may not understand or remember the need to wear a face covering
- Visual impairments, with a restricted field of vision, particularly if any residual vision is at the lower edge of the normal field of view
- Impairments which would make it difficult to put on or take off a face covering safely, accurately, consistently or without pain
The exemptions also apply to those who rely on lip reading. This would include carers who are travelling with someone for whom a face covering will inhibit communication
Young children under the age of 11 or children on dedicated school transport services are exempt.
Yes, we have a range of Journey Assistance cards that are available for anyone that needs support when travelling. We have added two new cards to the pack for you, Cards can be downloaded here.
It is really important to us that we continue to support all of our customers who wish to use our services.
Whilst seats within 2 metres of the driver are currently taped off, wheelchair spaces will always remain available. Rest assured, if you require support with boarding our buses, our drivers are following the below steps to ensure social distancing and your safety are maintained whilst they are providing you with assistance:
- The driver will wear a face covering and sanitise their hands before leaving their cab
- The driver will politely ask you to maintain a 1 metre plus distance whilst they put the ramp in place
- The driver will limit the time they are within 1 metres plus of you to ensure this is kept to an absolute minimum
In exceptional circumstances where the driver is unable to leave their cab to offer you assistance, they will politely explain why they are unable to help you.
Colleg Gwent bus passes are accepted.
Transport for Wales concessionary bus passes are accepted.
Click the calendar icon next to the required service to view the timetable.
8A / B
24X South Bound
24X North Bound
69 - Saturday Only
No Cash? No Problem.
Secure contactless payments are now available on all of our buses.
Paying with contactless is a simple and secure way to pay for tickets without cash.
One tap of your contactless card, Apple Pay or Google Pay and you’re aboard and ready to go, no need to worry about having the right change.
You can buy tickets up to the value of £30, quickly and securely with contactless. So whether it’s a last minute trip or a regular journey, paying for your ticket has never been more convenient.